If two plants draw from a single surface water intake, can the plants share one source water sample or must each plant collect its own sample?
Yes they may share a sample, but the state must approve one set of monitoring results to be used for both plants. The system should indicate they plan to do this when preparing their sampling schedule.
For additional guidance on the Long Term 2 Enhanced Surface Water Treatment Rule please visit http://water.epa.gov/lawsregs/rulesregs/sdwa/lt2/index.cfm.
- Bottled Water
- Consumer Concerns
- Consumer Confidence Reports (CCRs)
- Contaminants and Standards
- Facts, Figures, and Databases
- Filters/Home Water Treatment Units (HWTUs)
- Household Wells
- Lead and Copper
- Local Drinking Water Quality
- LT2/Stage 2 Rule
- Public Notification (PN)
- Source Water Protection/UIC Program
- Tap Water Testing
- Water Utility (PWS) Compliance/Issues
- Topic #: 23002-14833
- Date Created: 4/6/2006
- Last Modified Since: 10/12/2010
- Viewed: 5662